- Sited in the city of Mombasa the park can be reached by road from the city centre, and then connected by boat from the Mombasa Beach
- Roads: From Nairobi mainly use the Nairobi- Mombasa Highway
- Air: It is a 45 minute flight from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to Mombasa
SIZE / LOCATION
- Over 200 km2
- Mombasa District, Coast province
- The Coast is humid with mean annual temperatures ranging from 22-34 C. rainfall is about 500mm pa. The climatic conditions are hot and humid.
SAFARI CARD REQUIRED?
- At present the park does not operate on smart card system. Entry is by cash only (KSH or US$)
- Prolific marine life includes crabs, corals, sea urchins, jellyfish, sea stars, and sea cucumbers. Different varieties of coral species comprise of Acropora), Turbinaria and Porites
- A variety of off shore birds can be seen.
Accommodation in Mombasa link to the accommodation part for
- There is currently no accommodation in the reserve. Visitors can stay in Mombasa town which offers various accommodation options. There are lots of luxurious, comfortable and culturally rich hotels and lodges to choose from in close proximity to the Mombasa Marine National Park.
- Wind surfing
- Water skiing
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Footwear, e.g. sandals or flip flops (to protect your feet from the reef)
- T-shirts (to protect your body from sunburn)
- Snorkel, mask, fins, all of which are available for hire
- Camera, hat, sunscreen, insect repellant
- Guide books
- Plenty of drinking water